The festival opens tonight and runs through Sunday. Last year's event attracted an estimated 20,000 patron, says The Baltimore Sun.Hometown boy and avant-garde filmmaker John Waters will be at the festival on Friday evening to present the French film "Abuse of Weakness."
The film festival venues are:
- Film Festival Tent Village & Box Office, 131 W. North Ave., in the lot between MICA Lazarus Studio Center and Joe Squared
- Mica Lazarus Studio Center,131 W. North Ave., next to the Tent Village: venue is on the ground floor. (Seats 135)
- Windup Space, 12 W. North Ave., at the NW corner of Charles St. & North Ave. (Seats 100)
- UB Langsdale Auditorium, 101 W. Oliver St., at the corner of Maryland Ave. & Oliver St. (Seats 400)
- UB Business Center, 11 W. Mt. Royal Ave., at the SW corner of Mt. Royal & N. Charles St. (Seats 160)
- Mica Brown Center—Falvey Hall, 1301 W. Mt. Royal Ave., the largest venue; location of opening/closing night (Seats 540)
- Mica Gateway—Bbox Theater, 1601 W. Mt. Royal Ave., at the SE corner of North Ave. & Mt. Royal Ave. (Seats 220)
- The Walters Art Museum, 600 N. Charles St., enter on Centre Street; theater on ground level. (Seats 420)
For general information call 410-752-8083 or visit mdfilmfest.com.