"In the event of a prolonged shutdown, MARC management may revisit the issue of potentially operating a reduced schedule after evaluating ridership figures," states the release.
Also in case of a prolonged shutdown, MTA issued these reminders of ticket refund policies:
- One way tickets are nonrefundable
- Weekly tickets are only refundable if postmarked by 11:59 a.m. prior to the ticket's effective week
- Postmarked prior to effective month = 100 percent refund
- Postmarked 1st through 5th of effective month = 75 percent refund
- Postmarked 6th through 10th of effective month = 50 percent refund
- Postmarked after the 10th of effective month = 0 percent refund
- The Transit Link Card (TLC) portion ($108.00) is non-refundable under any circumstance.